Wednesday 16 March 2011

Tulum - Mexico


To summarize Tulum in one word, I would have to say...PARADISE!

With gorgeous blue skies, soft perfect champagne sand and crystal jade water, Tulum has by far the best beaches I have ever seen! Although there are over 100 hotels along the beach, many only accommodate 3 to 5 rooms and thus, the beach is really quiet.

We stayed at the end of the beach so it was especially quiet. So quiet that I had the courage to sunbathe topless for the first time in my life!!! It felt GOOD!

We have traveled pass Playa Del Carmen and are now in Cozumel. Honestly, I think Cozumel is so over-rated. If this is paradise to those who compare it with Cancun and Playa Del Carmen, then they will die in Tulum which is the REAL paradise.

We have yet to explore Cozumel in the next few days but so far, it's a huge disappointment, it's so crowded and commercialized, it makes me resent Cancun. Thank god we are not going there!

But mind you, we prefer quiet places and we don't like parties, so if you are young and on spring break, I am sure you would enjoy Cancun and Cozumel.